Hummus is tasty and an easy way to jazz up boring vegetables. But did you know it also has many health benefits? Let’s go over some of the perks!
Benefits of Eating Hummus
- Full of fiber: Fiber helps with digestion and keeps you “regular.” Fiber also keeps you full longer and can ward off unhealthy cravings.
- High in protein: Because hummus is packed with protein, (a good go-to protein source for vegetarians), it can help with muscle repair and growth and improve the health of your skin, bones and blood.
- Fights cancer: Hummus has been shown to have cancer butt-kicking properties, improving the defense mechanisms of cells.
- Lowers cholesterol: This healthy option, especially the low-sodium version, is seen as a great way to lower cholesterol.
- Allergy friendly: Got allergies? Plain hummus is gluten-free, dairy free and nut free. (Check packaging labels, of course.) Enjoy!